Temporary Work Visas
The following categories of visas could be classified as “Temporary Work Visas” :
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) – Subclass 400 Visa
- Temporary Work (International Relations) – Subclass 403 Visa
Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa – Subclass 400
This is a temporary visa which allows people with specialized skills, knowledge or experience to do highly specialized non-ongoing work in Australia, which is not generally available in Australia. This visa allows for a temporary stay in Australia for up to 6 months.
You must have had a history of doing the related highly specialized work, and can only do the work for which the visa was granted.
You cannot apply for this visa while in Australia. Also, this visa does not require the applicant to be sponsored or nominated.
Some basic requirements that you will need to meet include the following :
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Meet the health & character requirements
- Have adequate health insurance
- Have enough funds to support yourself & your family (if travelling with you) for the duration of your stay in Australia
- You must not have applied for a permanent visa anytime in the 5 years prior to lodging the current visa application
- You must not have been engaged in any immigration malpractice or had a visa cancelled or refused in the past
You are allowed to bring your family members (spouse & children) with you to Australia. However, family members cannot study or work, except do a language training program.
Family members must also meet health & character requirements & can apply along with the main applicant.
You may be granted a single-entry or multiple-entry visa.
Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa – Subclass 403
This is also a temporary visa which allows people to work in specific circumstances that improve Australia’s international relations. This visa has the following SIX streams, each having their own criteria & eligibility requirements :
- Government Agreement Stream
- Foreign Government Agency Stream
- Domestic Worker (Diplomatic or Consular) Stream
- Privileges & Immunities Stream
- Seasonal Worker Program (SWP) Stream
- Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) Stream
Knowledge of the kinds of work that could or could not qualify & the varying criteria & eligibility requirements of each stream of the above two visa subclasses can only be acquired with a thorough understanding of prevailing migration laws relevant to each subclass and/or stream. With Migratesmart® you can be assured of being guided by experts who have the requisite knowledge to determine your eligibility & ease your process of applying for one of the above two visas.