Why study in Australia
Australia has for many years welcomed international students. Many leaders of business, government, the military & even nobility from many countries, especially in the Asian region, have studied & obtained qualifications in Australian universities.
Amongst the top 5 in the world in the provision of education services to international students, Australia provides a high quality of life with good housing & accommodation options. Public transport is easily available, food and water are of high quality and many public amenities are accessible. Students can experience a wide range of leisure and sporting activities, and can expect low crime rates and a safe environment.
In 2018, the top 5 factors for students to study in Australia were as follows :
- Quality of teaching
- Reputation of the qualification
- Personal security & safety
- Reputation of Australia’s Education System
- Reputation of the Education Provider
Did you know that –
- Australia is the 3rd most popular international student destination in the world, after USA &UK ; and that it is soon expected to overtake the UK as the world’s second most popular study destination
- Australia is currently home to over 876,000 international students
- Australia has 5 of the best student cities in the world (Source :Top Universities Rankings 2019) – Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra & Adelaide. Melbourne is ranked 3rd best in the world & Sydney 9th.
- Australia has 6 of the world’s top 100 universities – Australian National University, University of Melbourne, University of New South Wales, University of Queensland, University of Sydney & Monash University (Source : Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020)
- Australia has the 8th best higher education system in the world (Source :Universitas 2019)
- According to a 2018 OECD Report, Australian graduates have better literacy skills than those who study in the US or the UK
- Australian universities are ranked in the world’s top 50 in the following fields (Source : Times Higher Education World Universities Ranking 2020) :
⇒ Arts & Humanities
⇒ Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health
⇒ Engineering & Technology
⇒ Life Sciences
⇒ Physical Sciences
⇒ Social Sciences
- Australian universities have produced 15 Nobel laureates
Apart from the above very notable advantages that Australia, as a study destination, presents are the following which make Australia attractive to international students :
- International students in Australia enjoy a very high level of service & financial protection. Quality is assured in a number of ways
- Australian qualifications are internationally recognized.
- Australia has some of the lowest crime rates & strict gun control laws that provide a safe environment.
- Australia is the only country in the world with mandatory national standards & a comprehensive, industry-led quality support framework
- Australians are open, relaxed & friendly people, so students usually find a warm welcome in Australia
- Australian teachers are recruited from around the world & often are leading experts in their field
- Facilities for teaching, training & research are world-class in terms of state-of-the-art laboratories & classrooms, outstanding libraries & modern technology
- Australia is an international leader in safeguards & support services for international students
- A variety of high standard student accommodation is available to suit different budgets & needs
- Being an English speaking country, it is easier for most students to adapt
- Post-study work rights are available to eligible graduates.
Also read our latest updates :
Australia Immigration & Covid-19
CEDA says – “Migration should be central to Australia’s post-Covid recovery”
Online Studying – A case study
Surge in demand for online learning & alternative credentials during Covid-19
Proposed new rules for international students to Australia