Temporary Activity Visa

The Temporary Activity – Subclass 408 visa allows you to migrate to Australia to do specific types of full-time work on a short-term temporary basis. You can only do the work for which the visa is granted. The specific types of work are classified into the following 10 streams :

  • Special Program
  • Religious Work
  • Research Activities
  • Invited Participant
  • Sporting Activities
  • Entertainment Activities
  • Superyacht Crew
  • Exchange Arrangements
  • Australian Government Endorsed Event
  • Domestic Work for Executives

Each of the above 10 streams have some common criteria & their own stream-specific eligibility criteria. Some of the above Temporary Activity Streams are further divided into sub-categories.

Some of the criteria common to all streams are as follows :

  • You must be sponsored or supported to be granted this visa
  • Your sponsor must be an approved “Temporary Activities Sponsor”
  • You must declare that you have not paid for your visa sponsorship
  • You must have the skills to undertake the specific activity to be carried out in Australia
  • You must generally be paid for your activity. However, an unpaid activity can also be accepted if you can prove genuine circumstances in which you may not receive a wage or salary for your activity (ies)
  • You must have the financial capacity to support yourself & any family member that might be travelling with you for the duration of your stay in Australia
  • You & your family members must meet health & character requirements
  • You & your family members must have adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia
  • Your family members can apply with you, or as ‘Subsequent Entrants”
  • You will have to satisfy the “Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)” requirement
  • The periods for which you are permitted to stay in Australia will depend on the “Stream” under which you apply
  • You must not have had a visa cancelled or refused in the past
  • You must apply ONLINE
  • You may travel to & from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid
  • If you stop working for your sponsor/supporter, you must do the following :
    1. If eligible, apply for a new visa, or
    2. Leave Australia within 28 days of stopping work for the sponsor/supporter, or earlier if your visa is expiring

Australian migration law is constantly in a state of change. To know if you are eligible to apply and, if so, how to apply in conformity with current relevant laws, contact our registered Australian migration expert who will ensure that you succeed in your migration goals.