Permanent Residence Visa
This visa will commence from 16th November, 2022.
The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (Subclass 191) is a new visa that will be introduced as on the above given date & will provide a pathway to permanent residence to visa holders of the 2 new skilled regional provisional visas i.e. Subclass 491 & Subclass 494 introduced on 16th November 2019.
To be eligible for this visa, visa holders of the above two mentioned subclasses must –
- have lived, worked or studied in a designated area in Australia for at least 3 years, and
- have had a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least 3 years, and
- have complied with all the conditions of the visa they held
With the Subclass 191 visa you will be able to –
- Stay permanently/indefinitely in Australia as a “Permanent Resident”
- Work & study anywhere in Australia
- Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme MEDICARE
- Sponsor eligible family members for permanent residence
- Travel to & from Australia for 5 years, after which you will need a “Resident Return Visa” to re-enter Australia
- If eligible, apply for Australian Citizenship
You will be able to include eligible family members in your application. An important point to note here is that you must include eligible family members at the time you lodge your application. You will not be able to add family members after you have submitted your application. Family members will have to meet health & character requirements.
You will have to be in Australia both at the time of lodging the application & at the time of decision of your application.
Costs for this visa will be announced closer to the commencement date i.e. 16th November, 2022.