Any one of the following investment options meet the Portugal Golden Residence Permit requirements :
- Invest € 1 million in Portugal in one of the following ways:
- Transfer in a bank deposit
- Purchase shareholding in a Portuguese company or incorporate a single member private limited company having a paid-up share capital of at least € 1 million, such company being free to invest wherever & in whatever it wants
- Purchase Portuguese sovereign debt instruments
- Purchase any security issued by Portugal based entities
- Real estate, of any type (residential, commercial, industrial or agricultural) & anywhere in Portugal, in one or more properties, whether singly or in co-ownership, purchased individually or through a single-member private limited company as follows :
- Invest a specified amount in any real estate (reduced by 20% if located in a “low density area”)
- Invest a specified amount in a rehabilitated property which is at least 30 years old or is located in designated areas of urban rehabilitation (reduced by 20% if located in a “low density area”)
- Invest a specified amount in scientific research that is conducted by accredited institutions that are part of the national scientific & technological system (reduced by 20% if located in a “low density area”). However, please note there does not seem to currently exist any such projects open to private investors.
- Invest a specified amount in, or the support of, the artistic production or the recovery or maintenance of the national cultural heritage that is conducted by accredited institutions (reduced by 20% if located in a “low density area”). Please note that there does not seem to exist any such projects open to private investors.
- Invest a specified amount in units of Portugal regulated funds dedicated to the capitalisation of companies, provided that the fund invests at least 60% in Portugal registered companies, and that the maturity of the said units is no less than 5 years from the date they are bought.
- Invest a specified amount in setting up a Portuguese company that creates & keeps 5 permanent jobs, or in increasing the share capital of an existing Portuguese company that creates or keep at least 5 permanent jobs for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Invest in a business, in the format of a single-member private limited company (no minimum investment is required), that creates & keeps at least 10 new permanent jobs in Portugal (reduced to 8 if located in a “low density area”)
- The investment may be made anywhere in Portugal & preferably through a Portuguese bank
- The investment must be kept for at least 5 years
- The investment can be replaced provided :
- The new investment is of the same type
- The old investment is disposed of only after the new investment has been made
- The investment must be kept free of all charges
- The investment may be made singly or jointly, or through a company. In the case of a company, it must be a Portuguese single-member private company
- The property can be of any type
- In the case of shares & securities, the issuing entity must be registered in Portugal & it may be new or existing, of any type, and may or may not be listed on the stock exchange
- You are free to live in or rent out the property