A Super Visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to 5 years at a time. It’s a visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years.
To be eligible for a Super visa, you must –
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- have a “Letter of Invitation” from your child or grandchild that includes a promise of financial support for the length of your visit, the list and number of people in the household of this person, and a copy of your child or grandchild’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
- have proof of payment for medical insurance from a Canadian Insurance company that is valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry, and of at least CAD 100,000 coverage
- have proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income
- provide a document confirming that you had an immigration medical exam
You must also –
- apply for a super visa from outside Canada
- have your visa printed outside of Canada
- be allowed to enter Canada
- meet certain other conditions
The following factors will also determine whether you are granted a visa:
- your ties to your home country
- the purpose of your visit
- your family and finances
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country
You cannot include dependents in this application.
If you want to stay for 6 months or less, apply for a visitor visa.
Contact us to know how you can apply.