Visitor Visa

Visitors may visit Canada either on a holiday, to visit family or friends or to conduct business. Depending on your country of nationality, you will need to apply for a visitor visa or an eTA to visit Canada.

You may require a Visitor visa if you intend to do any of the following :

  • Holiday & recreation
  • Visiting family & friends
  • Business visitor activities
  • Transit
  • Study for less than 6 months

Some of the basic criteria that you will need to meet to get a visa include –

  • Have a valid travel document such as a Passport
  • Be in good health
  • Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
  • Not work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so
  • Have enough money for your stay & to return home
  • Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit

Some important points to note when you apply for a visitor visa to Canada are :

  • Your intention to visit Canada must be genuine & not be with the intention of establishing a de facto residency in Canada
  • Applicants for visitor visas must submit genuine & authentic documents in support of their application
  • You can be sponsored by a family or friend
  • You cannot include family members in your application. A separate application must be filed for each member of the family accompanying you to Canada
  • You cannot work in Canada

Parent & Grandparent Super Visitor Visa

  • This is a visitor visa that allows you to visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time.
  • This is multiple entry visa
  • You must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
  • Your child or grandchild must send you a “Letter of Invitation” & meet prescribed criteria
  • You must have Medical Insurance
  • You cannot include dependents in your application

Visitor visas for Workers & Students

You can apply for a Visitor visa from inside Canada if you meet all of the below conditions:

  • You are already inside Canada
  • You hold a valid Study or Work Permit
  • You want to leave & return to Canada
  • Your existing visitor visa is expired or was valid for only one entry
  • You should apply at least 2 months before you plan to depart Canada

Transit Visitor

You will need a Transit visa if are from a visa-required country and –

  • You will be stopping at a Canadian airport on your way to another country
  • You will be connecting between two international flights at a Canadian airport
  • You will be transiting through Canada within 48 hours or less
  • You don’t have a valid visitor visa

Business Visitor

You are a Business Visitor if you visit Canada to take part in any of the following activities :

  • Buy Canadian goods or services for a foreign business or government
  • Take orders for goods or services
  • To attend meetings, conferences, conventions or trade fairs
  • Give after-sales as part of a warranty or sales agreement
  • Be trained by a Canadian parent company that you work for outside Canada
  • Train employees of a Canada branch of a foreign company
  • Be trained by a Canadian company that has sold you equipments or services

Visitor visas are normally granted for a maximum period of 6 months. If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, you need to apply for a “Visitor Record”.

Contact us to apply for the appropriate visitor visa in compliance with all prevailing requirements.