Start-up Visa (SUV)

If you have an innovative idea, we can get you the support & approval for your idea from one of the leading Canadian Designated Organizations.  A Designated Organization is a business group that has been approved by the Canadian government to invest in or support possible start-ups in Canada. Each Designated organization has its own requirements.

The Start-up Visa (SUV) is a direct to Permanent Residency (PR) program for entrepreneurs looking to migrate to Canada to launch an innovative business. It is extremely popular, fast, simple, and straightforward route to direct Permanent Residence. Once you get your PR, you can live anywhere in Canada, including Quebec.

You can apply as a team of up to 5 (Five) for this program and we can potentially help you find an innovative business connected to your background.  All members of an SUV team must have some entrepreneurial leanings & be able to contribute beneficially to the innovative business.

What is the minimum investment that you need to apply

  • If the investment comes from a designated Canadian Venture Capital Fund, you must secure a minimum investment of $200,000 from the venture capital fund.
  • If the investment comes from a designated Canadian Angel Investor Group, you must secure a minimum investment of $75,000 from the angel investor.
  • You don’t need to secure a financial investment from a Business Incubator. You must be accepted into a Canadian business incubator program. However, there will be business incubation costs that you would have to incur.

Eligibility requirements for the Start-up Visa Program

You must:

  • have a qualifying business
  • have a letter of support from a designated organization
  • meet the language requirements, and
  • have enough money to settle and live in Canada before you make money from your business

You must also not be inadmissible to Canada.

Medical Exams

You must have a medical exam before you come to Canada. Your family members must also have one, even if they aren’t coming with you.

Your application will not be accepted if your health –

  • is a danger to Canada’s public health or safety, and
  • would cause too great a demand on health or social services in Canada

Police Certificates

If you have a criminal record, you may not be allowed to enter Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security also aren’t allowed to come to Canada. You will need to submit a Police Certificate.

While your application for permanent residence is being processed, you can apply for a temporary work permit to get to Canada and start building your business. Our consultation process will determine whether this would be the best option in your case.
Contact us to know how you can get approval for your innovative idea & apply for Permanent Residency (PR) of Canada under the SUV program.