Provincial Entrepreneur Streams
Business immigration offering permanent admission to Canada also comprises of several Provincial Nominee Entrepreneur programs, with each province having the authority to nominate certain applicants for Canadian permanent residence under their Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP).
Business immigrants to Canada can buy or establish a new business in Canada and qualify for a temporary work permit. After a period of time, applicants may qualify for permanent residence under a suitable immigration program.
Quebec Entrepreneur Program
An applicant for this program can either establish a business (alone or in partnership), or acquire an existing business in the province. Applicants must apply for, meet all requirements, and obtain a Certificate of Selection of Quebec (CSQ) to be eligible for Permanent Residence (PR).
Quebec also has a Self-Employed Program which allows applicants to create their own job by practicing a profession & engaging in commercial activities. For this, applicants must meet mandatory entry or licensing requirements.
British Columbia operates three business streams:
- Entrepreneur Immigration
- Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
- Entrepreneur Immigration – Strategic Projects
- The Alberta Farm Stream targets applicants with farm management skills and sufficient financial resources to invest in a farming business in Alberta.
- The Alberta Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is for qualified foreign-educated graduates from outside Canada who want to launch an innovative start-up business in Alberta.
- The Alberta Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is for international students who have graduated from an Alberta post-secondary institution, and who want to establish or acquire a business in the province.
- The Alberta Rural Entrepreneur Stream is for entrepreneurs who want to establish a business or buy an existing business in a rural Alberta community.
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program has two main business categories:
- the Entrepreneur stream, and
- the International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream.
The Manitoba Business Investor Stream is for qualified international business investors & entrepreneurs who wish to and are able to either establish or purchase a business in Manitoba within 2 years of arrival. The following are the 2 pathways:
- Entrepreneur Pathway
- Farm Investor Pathway
The Ontario Entrepreneur Stream (OES) business program is for applicants from outside Canada who want to start a business or buy an existing business in Ontario. Those who are approved for the program are nominated for Canadian permanent residence.
The New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program operates an –
- Entrepreneurial Stream aimed at professionals, and
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream aimed at graduates from New Brunswick institutions.
Prince Edward Island
Under the Prince Edward Island Work Permit Business Immigration Program, applicants must first work for a PEI business for a certain amount of time before making the minimum stipulated investment in the business. The applicant can be a partial owner or full owner of the business.
The Northwest Territories Business Stream is aimed at entrepreneurs with business expertise and investment capital, who wish to purchase or start a business in the region.
The Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) targets prospective immigrants who have the skills and experience to boost the province’s economy through TWO streams:
- Entrepreneur Stream – This targets applicants with business ownership or senior management experience. Applicants must either establish a new business or buy an existing one.
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream – This is for recent graduates from a Nova Scotia university or the Nova Scotia Community College. Applicants are required to either establish or purchase a Nova Scotia business and operate it for at least a year on a PGWP.
Newfoundland & Labrador
The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) nominates suitable applicants to the federal government wishing to obtain Canadian permanent residence under the following TWO programs:
- International Entrepreneur Category – This is for experienced business owners or senior business managers who wish to permanently reside in the province.
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category – This is for graduates of Memorial University or College of the North Atlantic who have already started or bought a local business.
The Yukon Business Nominee Program is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to own and operate a business in the province. Applicants are first granted a 2-year Work Permit, and must successfully establish their business to be nominated for Permanent Residence (PR).
Contact us to know which Provincial Entrepreneurial Program is best for you.