Benefits of E2 Investor Visa
- The E-2 Investor Visa provides an opportunity for people, who have the ability to establish and manage a successful business, to stay for long periods of time (even indefinitely) in the U.S.
- It is possible to acquire this visa even without any entrepreneurial background.
- Your spouse and children below the age of 21 are also eligible to apply for this visa along with you.
- Lower Capital Investment : An E-2 visa requires a lower capital investment than any other investor visa to the US.
- An E-2 investor has direct control over the business and, as a result, over the funds deployed in the U.S. business, unlike some other investment visas where the control over funds are with 3rd parties.
- There is flexibility regarding the type and size of business an investor can choose. Any type of business can qualify, except home-based businesses.
- There is no specific number of jobs the investor must create. However, an E2 investor is required to create some jobs for US workers.
- Quick Processing Times : Depending on the US embassy/consulate of an applicant’s home country, the E-2 visa can be processed from anywhere between 1 – 4 months, unlike some other US investor visas that can take 5 – 7 years.
- Unlike some employment based visas, the E-2 visa can be renewed indefinitely, subject to the investor being able to operate the business successfully on a continuous basis.
- The spouse of an E-2 investor can work anywhere he/she wishes.
- The child of an E-2 investor can attend any school/college/university at domestic (in-state) tuition fees, and later acquire a student visa upon reaching the age of 21.
- Potential Tax Benefit : An E-2 treaty investor will be classified as a non-resident & hence not be liable to tax on worldwide income. They will be taxed only on what they earn in the United States.
- An E-2 visa holder can travel in & out of the US as many times as they want for as long as their visa is valid.
- The E-2 visa is not subject to any quotas by the US government. Over 43,000 E-2 visas are issued each year.
e2 investor visa | Q & A | eb5 investor visa