Turkey Citizenship By Investment
In September 2018, Turkey amended the law to allow ‘foreigners’ to acquire Turkish Citizenship by significantly reducing the amount required to invest to as low as USD 250,000 for the “Real Estate” purchase option.
In Turkey, the term “foreigner” is defined under 3 categories with respect to acquisition of real estate :
- Foreign Natural Persons
- Foreign Legal Persons
- Turkish companies with foreign capital
Foreign Natural Persons can acquire any real estate i.e. residential, commercial, land lot or agricultural in areas where private property is allowed.
Turkish Citizenship can be acquired in any one of the following ways :
- By investing in Turkish real estate & holding it for at least 3 years
- By making a fixed capital investment
- By creating jobs for at least 50 Turkish people
- By depositing money in a Turkish bank & holding that deposit for at least 3 years
- By investing in Turkish government bonds & holding it for at least 3 years
- By investing in a real estate investment fund or venture capital investment fund & holding it for at least 3 years
The Turkish Real Estate option is the cheapest & most popular option to acquire Turkish Citizenship. Due to the tumultuous period between 2016 & 2018, Turkish property is currently undervalued. This has led to a surge in demand from investors all over the world, hence proving its genuine investment appeal rather than just a mechanism with which to gain Turkish Citizenship. Further, property purchased can be rented out to earn regular income from the investment.
Family members permitted to apply for Citizenship along with the main applicant are Spouse & children under 18 years of age (18 years included)
Some of the benefits of Turkish Citizenship include the following :
- When you apply for citizenship, you do not have to declare your assets or income that you currently have in other countries.
- There is no educational qualification, business/management experience or language test requirement for the main or secondary applicants
- Citizenship & Passport can be acquired within 3 – 4 months
- Upon acquiring citizenship, there is no minimum residency requirement. Hence, you can live anywhere you want.
- Visa – free travel to 120 countries
- Allows dual citizenship
- As a Turkish Citizen, you are eligible to apply for an E-2 visa to USA. For more on this, read our E-2 visa section
- Turkish Citizens are also eligible to work or set up an eligible business in the UK.
Migratesmart® offers all services associated with the acquisition of Turkish Citizenship, hence making your process seamless & stress-free. Contact Us to know more.