Quebec-selected skilled workers

Quebec has a special agreement on immigration with the Government of Canada. The province has its own rules for choosing immigrants who will adapt well to living there.

Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP)

The “Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP)” is for you if you wish to immigrate to Quebec permanently to work.

To immigrate to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must apply in the following 2 stages:

  1. Apply to the Government of Quebec for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). This Certificate shows that you have been accepted by the province of Quebec as an immigrant. Your application for a CSQ will be assessed according to prevailing Quebec immigration rules.
  2. If you are given a CSQ, you must apply to Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for Permanent Residence (PR). Your application to IRCC will be assessed in accordance with Canadian immigration laws & regulations.

For this program, you must first file an Expression of Interest (EOI). If your profile matches the criteria needed in Quebec, you will receive an invitation to submit an application for permanent selection.

If you have a valid CSQ and reside abroad, you may also be eligible for the International Mobility Program Plus (IMP+), under which you could obtain an open work permit allowing you to come to Québec more quickly and integrate into the labor market.

International Mobility Program Plus

Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) holders who live outside Quebec are eligible for an open work permit. This work permit will allow you to work for almost any employer in the province of Quebec. You must have received a letter of invitation from the province of Quebec to apply for this work permit.

At the time you apply for your work permit, you must live outside Canada or in Canada, but outside Quebec.

You can apply for this work permit before or after you apply to IRCC for permanent residence, but before IRCC makes a decision on your PR application.

Your spouse or common-law partner can also apply for an open work permit if you’re eligible for this open work permit.
Contact us to know how you can apply.