February 3, 2019
In the 2019 ‘Budget Statement’ presented by the Hon. Gaston Browne, Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda, the following relevant & encouraging facts relating to Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Program have been mentioned :
- According to the UN Economic Commission for Latin America & Caribbean (ACLAC), Antigua & Barbuda recorded the highest economic growth of 5.3% in 2018 in the CARICOM area, followed by Grenada at 4.9% & St. Kitts & Nevis at 3.7%. This is at a time when world economic growth was 3.7% in 2018
- Per Capita growth increased from an average of $36,569 between 2009 – 2013 to $43,268 between 2014 – 2018
- A total of 1.1 million tourists visited the country in 2008, the highest ever in a fiscal year
- Antigua & Barbuda aims to achieve a 6% growth rate in 2019 by focussing on the following areas :
- Enhancing performance in tourism
- Promoting investment, including the Citizenship by Investment Program and economic diversification
- Encouraging entrepreneurship
- Renewing & upgrading critical infrastructure, and
- Providing better access to adequate housing
- Antigua and Barbuda will take steps to become the regional centre for BLOCKCHAIN & CRYPTOCURRENCY
- In 2018, the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program received 672 applications, a 110% increase over the same period last year, hence helping the government earn much needed non-tax revenue & diversify the economy
- The government of Antigua and Barbuda will introduce legislation to facilitate Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT), in order to encourage investments in income generating real estate
Antigua and Barbuda is a twin-island nation located in the West Indies. With it’s near perfect climate, breath-taking coastline, peace & stability of the government, friendliness of the people & investor friendly government, Antigua & Barbuda is an attractive place to reside & invest.
Contact Us to take advantage of this investment opportunity through the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Program.