What you can & cannot do
As the holder of a UK TIER 1 Investor Visa, you can –
- invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active & trading UK registered companies
- work or study
- apply for ‘indefinite leave to remain’ after 2 years if you invest 10 million
- apply for ‘indefinite leave to remain’ after 3 years if you invest £5 million
As the holder of a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa, you cannot –
- invest in companies engaged in property investment, property management or property development.
- work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach.
- get public funds.
- work as a doctor or dentist in training unless you have a bachelor’s degree in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution.