Tier 1 Investor Visa
The UK Investor Visa is a Tier 1 visa category under the points-based system of UKVI, which enables investor immigration to UK. An Investor can apply if:
- you are at least 18 years of age
- you are not a resident/citizen of any country in the EEA & Switzerland.
- you can invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK. The money must be your own or your spouse’s, under your control & held in a regulated financial institution.
- you have opened a UK bank account for the purpose of investing not less than £2 million in the UK.
Your funds may be in the UK or overseas when you apply.
Students with financial sponsorship
Students with financial sponsorship can also apply for a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa if already in the UK & are :
- a Tier 4 (General) Visa holder
- a student nurse
- studying, writing up a thesis, or re-sitting an exam
- a postgraduate doctor or dentist.
- an overseas qualified nurse or midwife
- a student sabbatical officer.
Students whose course fees and livings costs have been paid by either the government or an international scholarship agency must have an unconditional agreement in writing from their financial sponsor.
The following family members (dependents) are eligible to apply with you for this visa:-
- Your partner/spouse
- Your child under 18 years of age
How long you can stay in the UK under this visa
The UK Tier 1 Investor Visa allows an applicant & eligible family members to reside in the UK for 3 years. However, they are eligible to apply for an extension of their visa for a further 2 years. Thereafter, they may apply for an ‘indefinite leave to remain’ (PR) in the UK.
Visa Processing Times
A decision on your UK Tier 1 Investor Visa can be obtained in 8 weeks.
However, processing times may take longer if –
- your supporting documents need to be verified.
- you need to attend an interview.
- there are some personal circumstances specific to your case, which require further investigation.