Located at the heart of the Mediterranean Sea, the islands of Malta & Gozo are a great place for a second permanent residency. The Malta Residence and Visa Programme (MRVP) grants an applicant and his/her qualifying family members the right to reside & settle in Malta. All applications are rigorously scrutinised through a four-tier due diligence process.
- The applicant must not be a Maltese, EEA or Swiss national and at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must not be a person who derives benefits under the Residents Scheme Regulations, the High Net Worth Individuals – EU / EEA / Swiss Nationals Rules, the Malta Retirement Programme Rules, the Residence Programme Rules, the Qualifying Employment in Innovation and Creativity Rules or the Highly Qualified Persons Rules.
- The applicant must hold a qualifying property for a minimum 5 year period from the date of issue of residence certificate. The qualifying property may be leased or purchased.
- The applicant must hold a qualifying investment in Government bonds for a minimum period of 5 years from the date of issue of residence certificate.
- The applicant must make a qualifying contribution to the government.
- The applicant must be in receipt of stable and regular sources of income, which are sufficient to maintain himself and his dependants without recourse to the social assistance system of Malta
- The applicant and his dependants are in possession of a valid travel document
- The applicant and dependents must be in possession of health insurance, in respect of all risks across the whole of the European Union, for himself and each of his dependants;
- The applicant provides an affidavit declaring that from the date of application onwards he has either an annual income of not less than €100,000 arising outside Malta or is in possession of capital of not less than €500,000.
Citizens of all countries, except from the EU & EEA countries, Switzerland, Afghanistan & North Korea are eligible to apply. The following dependants are also eligible to apply for the Malta Residency Program along with the main applicant :
- Spouse / partner
- Unmarried & economically dependent children (no age requirement)
- Parents of the main applicant and/or spouse
- Grandparents of the main applicant and/or spouse
NOTE : Adult dependants must be able to prove that they are not fully economically active & are principally dependant on the Main Applicant.
The current non-refundable administration fees required to be paid with an application are :
- € 30,000 for the Main Applicant + Spouse + Any unmarried economically dependant children, and
- € 5000 for each parent / grandparent of the Main Applicant
Only accredited MRVP Agents are allowed to submit applications on behalf of their clients.
Contact us at Migratesmart® to ensure your process of acquiring a Malta Residence Permit is smooth, stress-free & successful. With our many years of experience in helping clients achieve their migration goals, we at Migratesmart® are proud to have won the trust of a global clientele who, many a time, look to us for services that go far beyond our offered portfolio.
Qualifying Criteria | Malta Permanent Residency Benefits | Our Services | Q & A | Malta Citizenship Program