• Home
  • /
  • The visas which enable you to work in the USA

Working in the United States is a dream nurtured by millions around the world. The “American dream” and its way of life has attracted millions to migrate and seek a better life for themselves and their families. If you have an extraordinary skill, valuable experience or sufficient funds to invest or start a business, there are visa options for you.


Following are some of the legal work visa options you might have, to migrate to the United States :


1.     H-1B Visa

The H-1B visa requires a job offer from a qualified US employer, who will file a petition on your behalf. It is the most popular work permit visa that allows non-US citizens to work in “Specialty Occupations” that involve a high level of skill.


2.     TN Visa

This is also a visa that requires a job offer from a qualified US employer, who will file a petition on your behalf. It is open to Canadian or Mexican citizens, who have a job offer, and is offered under the USMCA (NAFTA) Agreement.


3.     L1 Visa

If you wish to expand your business in the US or are being transferred to an existing US business, the L1 visa may be the best visa option for you. It is available to employees working for companies outside the US that have branches, subsidiaries, affiliates or joint ventures in the United States.


4.     E3 Visa

This is a visa that provides Australian nationals, with job offers, a chance to work in the United States in their specialty occupations.


5.     E-2 Visa

This visa is designed for investors who can invest in a business in the United States. It is available to citizens of countries which have an E2 visa treaty with the United States. However, citizens of countries that do not have an E2 visa treaty with the US can also benefit from this visa category by applying for citizenship of select E2 visa treaty countries in a very short time period. Contact us to know how. To apply for an E2 visa, an applicant must establish or invest in a business in the US and meet various criteria in order to be able to reside in the United States on a continuing basis. Migratesmart® can help you acquire citizenship of an E2 visa treaty country in a very short period of time, assist you in establishing a business in the US and apply for your E2 visa on your behalf.


6.     E-1 visa

Like the E-2 visa, the E-1 visa is also available to citizens of countries which have a treaty of commerce with the United States. Business owners and investors may qualify for this visa if they meet certain criteria.


7.     O1 Visa

The non-immigrant O-1 visa is for people who possess extraordinary skills in arts, sciences, business or athletics, or who have a solid track record of extraordinary performance in the motion picture and television industry and have been identified and acknowledged domestically and internationally for  their excellence.


8.     OPT and CPT

Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) are the 2 types of temporary employment opportunities available to non-immigrant student visa holders.


9.     R1 Visa

The R-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that is designed to help eligible religious workers to work within the US for a religious organization that is registered as a non-profit in the US.


Whatever be your requirement, trust the Migratesmart® team to assist you to the highest standards and help in fulfilling your “American Dream”.

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!