The Golden Visa Program – Greece is the most popular Residency-by-investment program in the world.
The Government of Greece allows third-country nationals to acquire “Permanent Residence (PR) Permits”, who have entered the country legally either on a visa-free status or on any kind of visa (Type C or D), and if your investment in Greek real estate exceeds €250,000 or €500,000 depending on the location of the property. This gives you the right to reside indefinitely in Greek territory. Further, it gives you access to the entire European Union (EU) & Schengen area.
Qualifying Criteria of Main Applicant :
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A Non-EU or Non-EEA citizen
- No criminal history
- Get Permanent Residency by investing € 250,000 or € 500,000 in Greece real estate depending on the location of the property
- Family members of the principal applicant who are also eligible to apply are Spouse, spouse/partner with whom the applicant has a cohabitation agreement in Greece, direct unmarried descendants of the spouses who are under the age of 21, and direct relatives of the spouses in the ascending line
- Joint ownership with your spouse is permitted provided you both have undivided ownership of the property
- You are permitted to purchase property through a legal entity provided you own 100% of the company shares
- You are permitted to purchase more than one property provided the combined value of such properties is more than € 250,000 or € 500,000 depending on the location of the property
- You are permitted to lease or rent out the property
- The Residence Permit is permanent. However, you are required to renew it every 5 years
- To renew the Permanent Residence Permit, you must prove that you continue to remain in full ownership and possession of the property(ies). In the event of sale of the property(ies), the applicant must immediately buy another property(ies) of the same minimum value
- You do not have to reside in Greece to renew your Residence Permit
- Greece Residence Permit through investment is normally issued within 2 months from the date of submission of all documents to the issuing authority
- Being a member of the European Union, Greek PR will give you access to all of the EU
- You will also get visa-free access to all of the Schengen area
IT MUST BE NOTED THAT GRANT OF GREECE PERMANENT RESIDENCE DOES NOT ESTABLISH THE RIGHT OF ACCESS TO ANY FORM OF EMPLOYMENT IN GREECE TO BOTH THE MAIN APPLICANT AND ELIGIBLE FAMILY MEMBERS. HOWEVER, THE APPLICANT CAN ESTABLISH A BUSINESS IN GREECE.
ALL APPLICATIONS FOR GREECE RESIDENCE PERMITS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN GREEK.
Holders of Greece Resident Permits can apply for Greek Citizenship, subject to certain Residency requirements being met by the Main Applicant & eligible family members, and a Greek language test.