E-2 Investor Visa
With over 13 years of experience in all areas of international immigration and in-house world-renowned franchisors and E-2 visa immigration attorney, we at Migratesmart provide a ‘single point of contact’ for all related services, from Citizenship of Grenada or Turkey to choosing a business/franchise for your investment in the U.S. to applying for an E-2 visa.
Our LRS & FEMA advisory for foreign outward remittances, ensures that you are compliant with all government rules & regulations. We stay with each investor from application to Citizenship.
E-2 Investor Visa
The E-2 visa is a non-immigrant (temporary) visa, which allows citizens of E-2 treaty countries to move to the United States based on an investment in either a new business or an existing qualifying business. It is a treaty-based visa meaning that a country must have an E2 treaty with the US for their citizens to apply for an E-2 visa. If an applicant is not from an E2 treaty country, he/she must first apply for citizenship of an E2 treaty country before applying for an E-2 visa.
Although there are 80 countries that have an E2 treaty with the U.S., only two countries offer investors the quickest route to acquiring an E-2 visa and arriving in the United States within 6 months. They are Grenada and Turkey.
The E2 visa is for people who –
- Want to get to the U.S. quickly and are looking for a way out from the long waiting periods that they may be subject to if applying for another class of visa, and/or
- Would like to avail of the tax advantages that a U.S. temporary resident visa grants to investors
If you so desire, you can also transition from an E-2 visa to an EB-5 visa (Permanent Residency – Green Card) at a later date. However, in this case you must inform us about any such intention before applying for your E-2 visa, so that we can advice you on the right path forward.
We, at Migratesmart, offer a fast, prepackaged, easy, low investment set-up business solution for the E-2 visa.
Investors can invest in one of the fastest growing companies in the “Fast Casual Restaurant” space. The ‘Fast Casual Restaurant” space is itself one the fastest growing sectors in the restaurant industry.
- 25 new franchises opened during the pandemic in 2020 (31 in all in F/Y 2020)
- Q3 FY 2020, increased sales YOY by 18% nationwide
- Invest in a newly formed franchise restaurant with one other E-2 investor in a location chosen by experts
- Investment USD 330,000 (you can also choose to have 100% ownership if you invest double this amount)
- Participate in any gains and receive the balance of your capital account if you ever decide to sell (you can sell after the 5th year)
We can take care of all the contracting, set-up, day-to-day operations and management of the business (by our management company that expertly runs the restaurant). You have the continue potential of income even after your immigration goals are achieved. E-2 investors are projected to receive an annual average Return on Investment (ROI) of 13.5% till the 9th year and above 20% from the 10th year.
This is a great option for people who do not have any experience of running a business in the U.S. or knowledge of the prevailing laws in the U.S. It ensures continued profitability of the business, creation of American jobs and easy renewal of your E-2 visa as and when required. This also gives you an opportunity to understand the U.S. business environment over a period of time and make more informed decisions when exploring further business opportunities.
- If you are not a national of an E-2 Treaty Country, apply for Citizenship of Grenada or Turkey
- While you citizenship application is being processed, identify and confirm your choice of business/franchise
- You may travel to the U.S. on a B1 or B2 visa to do all initial work to set up the business. Law requires you to make investment first before you can apply for the E-2 visa. You must be close to starting operations before being eligible to apply for the E-2 visa. However, you cannot be involved in running the business till you get your visa
- Consult with your E-2 visa immigration attorney to prepare your E-2 visa application
- Once you citizenship is approved and you get your passport of Grenada or Turkey, you may submit your E-2 visa application
- Get your E-2 visa within 1 – 3 months
- The quickest route to establishing residence in the U.S.
- Visa renewable indefinitely for as long as you own the qualifying business (which, in effect, can be permanently)
- You can invest in almost any type of business, as long as it is not a passive & speculative business and not a home-based business
- You have the choice to either manage the business yourself or hire a manager & oversee the manager, which can be done remotely
- A new business is given reasonable time to reach profitability and job creation
- Spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 years may accompany you to the U.S.
- Visa Processing time of only 1 – 3 months depending on how busy a government or embassy is at a particular point of time
- Your spouse can apply for a Work Permit and work for any employer and in any job in the U.S.
- Children can apply for in-state tuition fees
- The E-2 visa has no quotas, unlike the EB-5 or H1B visas
- Allows for transition to Permanent Residency (Green Card)
- World-wide income tax benefits
- Must be a citizen of an E2 Treaty country. If not, acquire citizenship of Grenada or Turkey in a very short period of 3 – 4 months and then apply for the E-2 visa
- Make a “Substantial Investment” in a qualifying business in the United States. Though the law does not specify any minimum investment, in practice, we would advice you to make a minimum investment of USD 100,000 to have a strong E-2 case
- Business must have a physical premises like store, shop, office, restaurant, etc.
- No minimum education, business/management experience or language proficiency requirements. However, you must demonstrate ability to manage and operate the business
- With no or limited entrepreneurial background, the franchise route is the preferred route to making an investment in a business
- Provide lawful source of invested funds
- Any new business that you invest in must be close to operating or operational when you submit your E-2 visa application
- Your business must generate sufficient income to provide you and your family with a comfortable living in the U.S.
- Your business must create meaningful jobs for American employees
To apply, simply contact us. We will answer all your questions and provide you with all guidance you need to begin your process. Click on the “Contact Us” button below and fill out the information. We will contact you immediately and assist you with all that you need to do.
Talk to a certified investment expert today.