The Portugal Golden Visa (Residency) program is the most popular residency program in Europe providing easy access to all of Europe, and a clear path to Portuguese Citizenship.
With over 13 years of experience in all areas of international immigration, we at Migratesmart provide a ‘single point of contact’ for all services related to Portugal Residency options such as Real Estate (Commercial & Residential), Investment Funds, HQA Visa, D7 visa & D2 visa. Our tax advisory services for foreign outward remittances ensure that you are compliant with all government rules & regulations at all times.
Golden Visa – Real Estate
Investment in the Portugal Golden Visa (GV) – Real Estate option entails an investment of between EUR 280,000 – 500,000, depending on the property’s age & location.
Government fees, professional fees & taxes cannot be included in the calculation of whether you have met the minimum investment requirement.
Some of the costs & government fees payable at the time of purchase of the property are Transfer Tax, Stamp duty, and notary & registration fees.
Investment in real estate must be made before the Golden Visa application is filed.
Under the new rules in effect from 1 January 2022, residential real estate properties in Lisbon, Porto, Algarve & coastal areas are no longer eligible for the Portugal Golden Visa Program. However, commercial properties continue to qualify for the program in these areas.
There are a few guaranteed buyback options (available after 6 years) at both the EUR 280,000 and EUR 350,000 price points. These are offered by developers in the commercial tourist sector.
Contact us to know which investment is the most suitable & safest for you.
Golden Visa – Investment Fund
The investment fund option has steadily grown in popularity since residential real estate in Lisbon, Porto, Algarve & other coastal areas has become no longer eligible.
New changes in the law have also increased the minimum investment amount in Regulated Investment Funds to EUR 500,000.
Investment Funds potentially deliver better returns to real estate investments, especially now that investments can only be made in residential units located in the Portuguese interior regions. They are also more tax efficient.
The current timeline for fund-based Golden Visa applications is around 12 months.
After 5 years, the primary applicant and their family members can apply for Permanent Residency or Citizenship, provided they satisfy certain conditions.
Contact us to know which investment fund is a safe investment for you.
Other Visa Options
Other Golden Visa Options in Portugal are –
- Cultural Production Golden Visa
- Job Creation Golden Visa (10 jobs)
- Research Activities Golden Visa
- New or existing company Capitalization (5 jobs)
- Capital Transfer Golden Visa
The other attractive visa options that investors could consider are:
- HQA Visa
- D7 Visa
- D2 Visa
Contact us to know which visa option is most suitable for you & your family.
- World’s 4th most peaceful country & 15th most stable one
- World’s most popular Residency by Investment Program
- One application benefiting 3 generations
- No interview, age, education, business/management experience or language proficiency requirements
- Extremely low residency requirements
- Can live, work, study and establish a business anywhere in Portugal
- Visa-free access to all Schengen/EU countries
- Access to NHR status
- You can apply for Permanent Residence or Citizenship after 5 years, subject to meeting certain criteria
- Pathway to EU Citizenship
- Portugal allows dual citizenship
- Must be a non-EU, EEA or Swiss Citizen
- Main applicant must be over 18 years of age
- Must have no criminal record
- Must not have been banned from entering the Schengen area
- Must provide proof of health insurance
- Must have clear source of funds
- Invest EURO 280,000 – 1,500,000, depending on your chosen option
- Maintain the investment for at least 5 years. You can dispose of your investment only after acquiring PR
- Must stay in Portugal for a minimum of 7 days every year
To apply, simply contact us. We will answer all your questions and provide you with all guidance you need to begin your process. Click on the “Contact Us” button below and fill out the information. We will contact you immediately and assist you with all that you need to do.
Talk to a certified investment expert today.