The Portugal Golden Visa (Residency) program is the most popular residency program in Europe providing easy access to all of Europe, and a clear path to Portuguese Citizenship.
With over 13 years of experience in all areas of international immigration, we at Migratesmart provide a ‘single point of contact’ for all services related to Portugal such as Residency, real estate & management, business investments, tax & accountancy advice and other legal matters. Our LRS & FEMA advisory for foreign outward remittances, ensures that you are compliant with all government rules & regulations.
Golden Visa – Real Estate
The “Real Estate” route is one of the approved investment options for acquiring the Portugal “Golden Visa” Residence Permit. You can invest in real estate in one of the following ways :
- Invest EURO 500,000 (EURO 400,000 if you invest in a “low density area”) in any type of real estate and anywhere in Portugal
- Invest EURO 350,000 (EURO 280,000 if you invest in a “low density area”) in a rehabilitated property anywhere in Portugal
You must hold the property for a minimum of 5 years and until you have acquired Permanent Residency or Citizenship after 5 years.
You may apply for the Golden visa once the property is registered in your name.
The real estate costs can total up to 8.5% of the property price.
Our real estate services include :
- Checking the public records to confirm the title and status of your chosen property
- Negotiating the purchase agreement
- Arranging the payments that you have to make in connection with your purchase of property such as taxes, government fees and purchase price
- Filing the property conveyance with the registry office and the tax authority
Golden Visa – Regulated Fund
Investment in a “Regulated Fund” in Portugal is another approved investment option (for clients who are not comfortable in choosing the real estate route) that also leads to an applicant being able to acquire the Residence Permit (Golden visa) of Portugal.
We, at Migratesmart, offer our clients an option to invest in a Portugal Securities Market Authority (CMVM) regulated private equity or venture capital fund managed by a leading Fund Manager in Portugal. Both the Fund and Fund Manager are subject to the permanent scrutiny of CMVM.
Salient features of this option are as follows :
- Financially more attractive than the real estate route
- Minimum investment : EURO 350,000
- Target minimum annual Return on Investment (ROI) of 3%. Anything above this is divided between fund manager and investor
- Lock-in period : 8 years
- Real estate costs are 8.5% of purchase price vs. NIL COSTS in the Regulated Fund route
- No annual property tax (like in the real estate option), which is also subject to income tax in Portugal
- Management Fee : 2%
Apart from all services related to acquiring of a Residence (Golden visa) Permit, including our services related to the acquisition of real estate in Portugal, we can also provide you with the following legal and non-legal services in Portugal :
NHR Status Services :
- Providing advice on the formalities and practicalities involved with registering as a resident taxpayer and applying for NHR status
- Changing the address on the tax record to Portugal
- Registering the taxpayer with the tax office portal
- Submitting the NHR status application to the tax authority
Non-legal Third Party Services :
- Portugal Tax Representation
- Banking Account
- Business Advice
- Property Search Assistance
- Property Technical Survey
- Property Management
- Simple & fast application process
- One application benefiting 3 generations
- No age, education, business/management experience or language proficiency requirements
- Extremely low residency requirements
- Can live, work, study and establish a business anywhere in Portugal
- Visa-free access to all Schengen countries
- Access to NHR status
- Your investment can be liquidated after 5 years, upon acquiring Permanent Residency or Citizenship
- Can apply for Permanent Residence or Citizenship after 5 years, subject to meeting certain criteria
- Pathway to EU Citizenship
- Portugal allows dual citizenship
- Must be a non-EU, EEA or Swiss Citizen
- Main applicant must be over 18 years of age
- Must have clear source of funds
- Invest in real estate or a Regulated Fund
- Investment amount : EURO 1,000,000 or EURO 500,000 or EURO 350,000 or EURO 280,000, depending on the option that you choose
- Must not have had any legal accessibility issues to Schengen area
- Must not have been convicted of crimes punishable in Portugal by more than one year imprisonment
- You can include spouse, children under 18 years of age, children betweem 18 – 25 years, who are not married and enrolled as a full-time student, dependent parents of the main applicant and/or spouse and siblings under 18 years of age
- Must stay in Portugal for a minimum of 7 days every year
To apply, simply contact us. We will answer all your questions and provide you with all guidance you need to begin your process. Click on the “Contact Us” button below and fill out the information. We will contact you immediately and assist you with all that you need to do.
Talk to a certified investment expert today.