- Capital : Ottawa
- Government : Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
- Provinces (10) : Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan
- Territories (3) : Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon
- Major Cities : St john’s, Halifax, Charlottetown, Québec city, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Moncton, Winnipeg, Victoria, Regina, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary, Yellowknife, Iqaluit & Whitehorse.
- Atlantic Canada includes the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Maritime Canada includes the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.
- National Holiday : Canada Day – 1st July
- Population (2020) : 37.9 million (1/5th immigrants)
- Population density : 3.92 per sq. km.
- Official languages : English & French
- Area : 9.98 million sq. kms. (2nd largest in the world)
- Natural Resources : Bauxite, iron ore, nickel, zinc, copper, gold, lead, rare earth elements, molybdenum, potash, diamonds, silver, fish, timber, wildlife, coal, petroleum, natural gas, hydropower.
- Major Exports :Mineral Products (mainly crude petroleum), Natural gas, electricity, motor vehicles & parts, industrial machines, basic metals, chemicals, raw vegetables, plastic & rubber products, paper goods, precious metals, animal products, wood products, etc.
- Major Imports :machinery and equipment, motor vehicles and parts, crude oil, chemicals, electricity, durable consumer goods
- Legal System : Common law, except Quebec where civil law is predominant
- GDP (PPP) :USD 1.97 trillion
- GDP per Capita : USD 48,400
- Personal Income Tax Rate : 15 – 33%
- Corporate Tax Rate : 15% flat (10% for “small businesses”)
- Commercial Bank Lending Rate : 2.45%
- Health Expenditure :11.6% of GDP (2019)
- Education Expenditure : 5.3% of GDP (2011)
- International Students : 642,480
- Major Source countries for international students : India, China, Vietnam, France, USA, Iran, Brazil, Nigeria & Mexico.
- Life Expectancy : Male – 81.1 years / Female – 85.9 years (2020)
- Dual Citizenship allowed
- Currency : Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Time :
Newfoundland Time Zone : GMT 3.5 hrs
Atlantic Time Zone : GMT – 4 hrs
Eastern Time Zone : GMT – – 5 hrs
Central Time Zone : GMT – 6 hrs
Mountain Time Zone : GMT – 7 hrs
Pacific Time Zone : GMT – 8 hrs
- International Students : 642,480 (2019)
- Calling Code : + 1
- Canada is a member of the G8, G7, G20, NATO, the Commonwealth, United Nations, OECD, WTO & many other international bodies.
Canada is divided into 10 Provinces and 3 Territories :
|Newfoundland & Labrador
|Prince Edward Island